The vision of NowHere Yoga is inspired by the freedom of expression found in Temporary Autonomous Zones like Burning Man and Nowhere festivals, away from the layers of conditioning that modern urban cultures bequeath to us. By returning to engage with the natural world, moving outside the comfortable concrete cocoons we have developed around us, we can experience more vividly and more truthfully.
Balinese New Year Special > March 2-11 2016
- About NowHere Yoga
- What is Balinese New Year?
- Retreat Center Information
- Activities Included
- Perks & Special Gifts
- Reserve your spot!
More about NowHere Yoga:
More about the "Nyepi" Celebration:
Nyepi, Balinese New Year, is the most important and sacred Hindu holiday in Bali and is a general public holiday in the rest of Indonesia.
The evening before Nyepi, Balinese men carry large ornate figures called Ogoh Ogoh through the streets. The statues can be up to 25 feet tall and very heavy - not to mention fearsome-looking! With the help of a bamboo grid a large group carry the Ogoh Ogoh through the streets, followed by Balinese gamelan musicians. Firecrackers, singing, laughter, parades and general excitement ensue everywhere as evil spirits are escorted off the island to purge the energy and begin the new year with a clean slate.
For the Balinese, Nyepi Day is then a time for self-reflection and cleansing as they observe 24 hours of silence.
It’s a memorable experience to witness the whole island shutting down (no electricity, no driving on the roads, no one working) and to be a part of this ancient tradition. Only children are allowed to roam the streets as it is believed that their laughter brings positive energy for the new year.
At Shankari's Bali Retreat Center you will enjoy...
- 2 Daily Yoga classes in a beautiful shala
- All materials provided: mats, props,etc.
- Morning meditation
- The chanting cave
- 3 swimming pools
- Garden sitting rooms
- Accommodation in deluxe themed double rooms
- 3 daily meals: Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Buffet Menu
- Freshly blended fruit juices, Tea, Coffee, & Home-made snacks
- Traditional Balinese Welcome Dance performance
- Pickup/Drop Off at Airport
- Shiatsu massages (** not included)
These are included with your package, but you can choose not to participate. No pressure, enjoy your vacation!
- Balinese Dance lesson
- Guided Rice Fields and Jungle Walk
- Guided Sunset Walk To The Secret Beach
- 5-Day Ogoh Ogoh making workshop
Perks & Special Gifts:
- Pay in full before November 30, 2015 and you get a Rolo Travel Bag!
- Earlybirds enter Shankari the Alchemist jewelry raffle!
Space is limited: be the first to register when tickets go on sale to secure your spot!
Reserve your spot with a 350€ deposit and make a payment plan!